- Free cancellation within the first 24 hours of booking.
- After 24 hours, the deposit is forfeited but can be applied to a future booking if the booking excluding holiday bookings. Please see holiday policy below.
- The deposit will remain valid for 90 days, allowing the option to rebook but not eligible for cancellation.
- After 90 days, the deposit is no longer eligible for transfer.
- No refunds are available for cancellation
- A cancellation refund cannot be made within 72 hours because you changed your mind or do not like the weather conditions. See inclement weather section.
- Holiday bookings require full payment at least 14 days prior to the trip.
- If a holiday booking is made within 14 days of the trip, no refunds or cancellations are available.
- Cancellations due to health or COVID-19 are subject to the standard cancellation policy, unless falling under any specific exemptions.
- In the event that a boat is unable to leave the dock due to inclement weather, one reschedule date will be offered, but no refunds will be provided. Inclement weather is determined by winds over 25 knots or captain’s discretion.
- If a trip is cut short due to weather, there will be no cancellations or refunds.
- In the event a named storm is within 100 miles of the rental location, customers may reschedule the booking without any penalties. However, no refund will be provided unless the customer can provide valid proof of travel that prevents them from rescheduling. Travel limitations only apply to cancellation from a named storm, no exceptions.
- The trip begins as scheduled and ends at the agreed-upon time.
- If guests arrive late, they may have the option to purchase additional time if available. Otherwise, they will be limited to the time originally booked.
In the event of certain circumstances that may cause the early termination of your rental, the following provisions apply:
If there is a mechanical issue with the boat that is deemed to be the responsibility of the Owner and it causes the rental to end prematurely, the following will apply:
-A refund of the total cost excluding $100 for the captain’s travel expense and platform booking fee, if the vessel is deemed inoperable by the captain.
If the Owner or Captain cancels the rental, or there is a no-show or denial of access to the boat, there will be a full refund unless you are not allowed access to the vessel due to intoxication of alcohol or legal/illegal intoxicants in which case no refund will be applied.
If a problem arises during the rental that causes the Renter to end the rental and it is determined to be due to the negligence of the Boat Owner, a prorated refund of your time will be offered, excluding $100 for the captain’s travel expense and platform booking fee.
If the description of the Boat on the rental listing is materially inaccurate in terms of size, special features, or physical location, a full refund will apply.
If another party:including the Owner, is using the Boat during the reservation, a full refund will apply.
The only full refunds available will be allowed within the first 24 hours of booking, Owner or Captain Cancellation/No-show, Negligence of Boat Owner, Material Inaccuracies in Listing Description, If another party, including the Owner, is using the Boat during the reservation or named storm and proof of travel is provided.
*** A cancellation refund cannot be made within 72 hours
because you changed your mind or do not like the weather conditions. See inclement weather section ***
Please note that any claims related to the above circumstances should be addressed with Boat Life Tampa Charters rental platform right away.